Rebecca Ball, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVS-SA is a board-certified small animal Veterinary Surgeon at MedVet Toledo where she has been part of the medical team since 2015. Prior to moving back to her home state of Ohio, Dr. Ball was on staff at MedVet Indianapolis.
Dr. Ball graduated from The Ohio State University with a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2001 then spent 4 years in the Army Veterinary Corps serving in North Dakota and Georgia. She then completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at the University of Minnesota followed by a three-year surgical residency and Master’s degree at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Her Master’s thesis was “In Vitro Biomechanical Comparison of Double Versus Single Plated Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy Constructs in Axial Loading”. Dr. Ball stayed on at The Ohio State University as a Clinical Instructor in Small Animal Surgery.
Since becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons, Dr. Ball has authored or co-authored several papers in veterinary journals. She also enjoys presenting continuing education seminars to veterinarians and veterinary technicians.
Although Dr. Ball maintains an interest in all aspects of surgery, she has special interest in wound management and reconstructive oncologic (cancer) surgery. Dr. Ball’s favorite part of veterinary medicine is able to make life better for both animals and their owners. When not treating patients, Dr. Ball enjoys cooking, reading and spending time with her son.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Master of Science: Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Surgery Internship: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Residency: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons - Small Animal
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Central Indiana Veterinary Medical Association