Rebecca McQuitty, DVM is a board-certified Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Specialist who joined the MedVet Silicon Valley team in 2018. Dr. McQuitty was pursuing a research career in astronomy when her cat Bob got sick. After many trips to her wonderful veterinarian’s office, she recognized her passion and was inspired to change course and become a veterinarian. Bob made a full recovery and went on to support Rebecca through all of her pre-veterinary schooling and work.
Dr. McQuitty earned her Bachelor of Arts degree with honors in Physics from Colorado College in Colorado Springs, CO. Following her undergraduate degree, she earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of California, Davis. Dr. McQuitty completed a rotating internship at Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI and a surgery internship at Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center in Dallas, TX. She practiced in Texas for several years with a focus in emergency medicine before completing a three-year residency program in small animal emergency and critical care at ACCESS Specialty Animal Hospital in the Los Angeles area.
Professional interests of Dr. McQuitty include trauma, sepsis, endocrine emergencies, and feline medicine. Her favorite part of practicing veterinary medicine is seeing critically ill patients get better.
When not caring for patients, Dr. McQuitty enjoys hiking, art, and playing board games.
- Bachelor of Arts: Colorado College in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of California in Davis, California
- Rotating Internship: Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan
- Surgery Internship: Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center in Dallas, Texas
- Residency: ACCESS Specialty Animal Hospital in Los Angeles, California
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care