Rebecca Levin, DVM, is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian who joined the MedVet Dayton team in 2012. Dr. Levin attended Michigan State University, where she earned both a Bachelor of Science degree and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Levin completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at the University of Illinois.
It was during her internship that Dr. Levin developed an interest in emergency medicine, and she has since practiced as an emergency veterinarian in New York, Michigan, and Ohio.
In addition to her interest in emergency medicine, Dr. Levin is dedicated to veterinary volunteer work. She often spends her free time volunteering with various groups that provide no-cost veterinary healthcare to animals, as well as contributing to veterinary relief efforts abroad. When she is not busy caring for animals, Dr. Levin enjoys Tai Chi, Chi Quong, and reading a good book, preferably with a cat sitting on her lap.
- Bachelors of Science: Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- Small Animal Medicine & Surgery Internship: University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society