Dr. Putnam attended the University of California, Berkeley in Berkeley, CA where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular Environmental Biology and Conservation and Resource Studies. He then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of California, Davis, School of Veterinary Medicine in Davis, CA. Following earning his veterinary degree, Dr. Putnam completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at BluePearl Pet Hospital in Virginia Beach, VA. Additionally, he completed an ophthalmology internship at the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine in Urbana, IL. Prior to joining MedVet, Dr. Putnam spent over four years practicing emergency veterinary medicine, most recently in Syracuse, NY.
Dr. Putnam has a special interest in endocrinology, trauma, and ophthalmology. His favorite part of veterinary medicine is the process of overcoming challenging diagnoses, allowing him to help a pet feel better and send them home with their family.
When not in the ER, Dr. Putnam enjoys rock climbing, running, cycling, and chess.
- Bachelor of Science: University of California, Berkeley, CA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of California, Davis, School of Veterinary Medicine, Davis, CA
- Internship: BluePearl Pet Hospital, Virginia Beach, VA
- Internship: University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana, IL
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)