Rita Akers, DVM, is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Mandeville, MedVet Mobile, and MedVet New Orleans. Dr. Akers attended Colorado State University, where she obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Equine Sciences. She completed her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences in 2011.
In addition to her clinical endeavors, Dr. Akers maintains an active membership in several professional veterinary organizations, including the American Veterinary Medical Association and Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association.
Dr. Akers’ favorite part of being a veterinarian is being able to help extend the quality time people have with their pets when possible. When not caring for patients, Dr. Akers enjoys SCUBA diving, knitting, travel, and spending time with friends and family.
- Bachelor of Science: Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Fort Collins, Colorado
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association
- Southeast Louisiana Veterinary Association