Robert Frischer, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (SAIM), is a Board-Certified Small Animal Internal Medicine Specialist. He joined the MedVet Norwalk team in September 2022.
Dr. Frischer received a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Maryland in College Park, MD, followed by a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine in Grenada, West Indies. Dr. Frischer completed internships at Long Island Veterinary Specialists in Long Island, NY, and Animal Specialty Center in Yonkers, NY. He then completed an internal medicine residency at MedVet Mandeville and MedVet New Orleans.
While Dr. Frischer is interested in all aspects of Internal Medicine, he has a special interest in endocrine and infectious diseases. His favorite part of veterinary medicine is the rewarding experience when animals’ health improves and helping pets and owners through difficult times.
When not at the hospital, Dr. Frischer likes to bowl and play golf, and is an avid hockey fan.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: St. George's University School of Veterinary Medicine, Grenada, West Indies
- Internship: Long Island Veterinary Specialists, Long Island, NY
- Internship: Animal Specialty Center, Yonkers, NY
- Residency: MedVet Mandeville and MedVet New Orleans
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)