Robert M. Dudley, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVS-SA, is a board-certified Veterinary Surgical Specialist at MedVet Columbus where he has been part of the medical team since 2010. Dr. Dudley attended Kansas State University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in 1997, as well as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2001. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Dudley completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at the University of Minnesota, a yearlong surgery internship at Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center, and a three-year residency in small animal surgery at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine.
Since becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons in 2007, Dr. Dudley has become a leader and well-known figure in the Columbus veterinary community. Dr. Dudley has been the co-investigator of several clinical trials studying advancements in veterinary surgical oncology. His work has been widely published in peer-reviewed journals, including the Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association, the Journal of the American Veterinarian Medical Association, Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound and the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
Dr. Dudley is also an active advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on various small animal surgery and veterinary oncology topics including radical maxillofacial surgery in dogs and cats, medical and surgical management of brachycephalic syndrome, and laparoscopic surgery in small animals.
Dr. Dudley enjoys all aspects of small animal surgery with particular interest in soft tissue and oncologic surgery. His passion for surgical oncology and a desire to be a part of a collaborative cancer center team inspired him to join MedVet.
- Bachelor of Science: Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas
- Master of Science: Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Rotating Internship: University of Minnesota, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Surgical Internship: Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center, Dallas, Texas
- Residency: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons - Small Animal
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Resident Credentialing Committee (2008-Present)
- Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine