Robin M. Hopwood, DVM, MS, PhD, Diplomate, ACVIM (SAIM) is a Board-Certified Small Animal Internal Medicine Specialist who joined the MedVet Dayton internal medicine team in 2016. Dr. Hopwood attended Cornell University, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree, graduating with honors. In 1997, she earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Hopwood completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery as well as a three-year residency in small animal internal medicine at Angell Memorial Animal Hospital. During this time, she also earned a Masters of Specialized Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University.
In 2005, Dr. Hopwood earned a PhD in Immunology. She also spent a year in a post-doctoral position at North Carolina State University where she served as an instructor, completed research, and worked in the clinical immunology laboratory. Dr. Hopwood is the author and co-author of several scientific articles published in various veterinary publications, and is an advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals, lecturing on a wide variety of small animal internal medicine topics.
Although Dr. Hopwood maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal internal medicine, she has particular interest in nephrology, gastroenterology, and immune-mediated disease. When not treating patients, Dr. Hopwood enjoys cheering for her children at their sporting events. Some of her other hobbies include traveling, running and reading. Her family also consists of her dog, Charley, and her cat, Mattie.
In our “Meet the Specialist” series, we are taking you behind the scenes to get to know our specialists better and to show you why we love our team members so much! Meet Robin M. Hopwood, Board-Certified Small Animal Internal Medicine Specialist at MedVet Dayton.
- Bachelors of Science: Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- Masters of Specialized Veterinary Medicine: North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Tufts University Veterinary School, North Grafton, Massachusetts
- Internship: Angell Memorial Animal Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Residency: North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
- PhD in Clinical Immunology Laboratory: North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society Member
- American Association of Veterinary Immunologists
- Comparative Gastroenterology Society
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association