Roger A. Hostutler, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVIM (SAIM), is a Board-Certified Small Animal Internal Medicine Specialist at MedVet Columbus and the Internal Medicine Specialty Leader for all MedVet locations. He has been part of the MedVet Columbus medical team since 2006. Dr. Hostutler attended Youngstown State University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in 1996 and The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine where he earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2000. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Hostutler completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Cornell University and a three-year residency in small animal internal medicine at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. He also earned a Masters of Science degree during his residency.
Since becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine in 2004, Dr. Hostutler has become a leader and well-known figure in the veterinary community. He is the primary author on the article that changed treatment for histiocytic ulcerative colitis (HUC) in dogs. He is the author and co-author of several publications in a variety of veterinary journals including the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, the Journal of the American Veterinary Association, Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice, and DVM magazine. He is currently collaborating with other MedVet Internal Medicine specialists on platelet and pancreatitis studies.
Dr. Hostutler is an active advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on various small animal internal medicine topics locally and nationally. In addition to providing his expertise and care to patients, Dr. Hostutler mentors veterinary residents, interns and externs.
- Bachelors of Science: Youngstown State University, Youngstown, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Masters of Science: Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Internship: Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- Residency: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Columbus Accademy of Veterinary Medicine
- Examination Rating Committee
- Credentials Committee