Roy (Boogie) Edward Yates Jr., DVM is a veterinarian who is residency trained in Neurology. He has been a part of the teams at MedVet New Orleans and MedVet Mandeville since 2016. Dr. Yates attended Louisiana State University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in 2002, followed by St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine where he earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2008. Following his graduation from veterinary school, he completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center, in Mandeville, Louisiana, now known as MedVet Mandeville. Dr. Yates spent a year working in the emergency service at MedVet Mandeville and at the Audubon Center for Research of Endangered Species (ACRES), before completing a three-year residency in Veterinary Neurology and Neurosurgery at Metropolitan Veterinary Referral Group, in Ohio. Prior to joining MedVet, Dr. Yates was the Neurology and Neurosurgery Department head at the Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center in Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Yates is an active advocate of continuing education for veterinary professionals and has lectured to veterinarians on a variety of neurology topics including the management of seizures, intervertebral disc disease, and head trauma. He has also authored and co-authored several articles in veterinary journals. Dr. Yates is experienced in all aspects of small animal neurology with particular interests in the management of seizures, meningitis, and intervertebral disc disease (IVDD). When not treating patients, Dr. Yates enjoys distance running, woodworking and anything Disney.
- Bachelors of Science: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: St. George’s University, School of Veterinary Medicine, Grenada, West Indies
- Internship: Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center, Mandeville, Louisiana
- Residency: Metropolitan Veterinary Referral Group, Copley, Ohio
- Residency Trained in Neurology
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Animal Hospital Association
- Large Animal Society