Samantha A. Moffitt, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Northern Virginia where she has been a part of the team since October 2018. Dr. Moffitt attended Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science and Biology. She then attended the Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in St. Kitts in the West Indies where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree and completed an emergency medicine internship at the Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Center in Richmond, VA.
Dr. Moffitt’s favorite part of veterinary medicine is the opportunity to experience the human and animal bond. She enjoys being able to help families by not only treating their pets, but by helping them better understand their pet’s health.
In her spare time, Dr. Moffitt enjoys working out and competes in power lifting. She also enjoys hiking, running, and spending time with her animals. She has two horses (Pokey and Cappy) and two dogs (Odie and Nahla).
- Bachelor of Science: Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, St. Kitts, West Indies
- Emergency Medicine Internship: Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Center, Richmond, Virginia
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)