Sara Butler, DVM, MS is a Rotating Intern who joined the MedVet Silicon Valley team in June 2020. Dr. Butler earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Sciences with a focus on Pre-Veterinary Science from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, in Amherst, MA followed by her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, CA.
In addition to having special interests in high-volume, high-quality accessible care and providing pet owner education to improve the health and wellbeing of all animals in the community, Dr.
Butler’s favorite part of practicing veterinary medicine is adapting her knowledge and skills to meet the special health and wellness demands of her patients.
In her spare time, Dr. Butler enjoys spending free time with her family and their rescue Chihuahuas, Bambi and Gizmo, foster cat Milo, and senior horse, Speedy.
- Bachelor of Science (Animal Sciences, focus on Pre-veterinary Science): University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- California Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA)
- Southern California Veterinary Medical Association (SCVMA)
- American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP)
- Association of Shelter Veterinarians (ASV)
- Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association (HSVMA)