Sarah Lyles, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (Oncology), is a board-certified Medical Oncologist at both MedVet Mandeville and MedVet New Orleans where she has been a part of the medical team since 2012. Dr. Lyles attended Louisiana State University where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences and Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Lyles completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery in Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, a yearlong oncology internship at Florida Veterinary Specialists and Cancer Treatment Center, followed by a three-year residency in small animal oncology at the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine.
Since becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Dr. Lyles has been published articles on various oncology topics in multiple veterinary journals including the Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care, Veterinary Clinical Pathology, and The Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine. She is also an active advocate of continuing education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on a variety of oncology topics.
Although Dr. Lyles is experienced in all aspects of small animal oncology, she has particular interest in the treatment of hemangiosarcoma and lymphoma. She is dedicated to supportive client communication and compassionate care. When not treating patients, Dr. Lyles enjoys swimming, yoga, photography, and spending time with her family and dogs.
- Bachelor of Science: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Rotating Internship: Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Blacksburg, Virginia
- Oncology Internship: Florida Veterinary Specialists and Cancer Treatment Center, Tampa, Florida
- Residency: University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine, Gainesville, Florida
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Oncology)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Veterinary Cancer Society
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association