Dr. Shane attended The Pennsylvania State University (Penn State) in State College, PA where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science. She earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis, West Indies after completing her fourth clinical year at the University College Dublin in Dublin, Ireland. Following veterinary school, she completed a large animal medicine and surgery internship at Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital in Snohomish, WA plus an Anesthesia & Analgesia Residency at the Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Starkville, MS. In addition, she earned a Master of Science in Veterinary Medical Sciences degree at Mississippi State University..
Dr. Shane has a special interest in respiratory physiology, as well as in feline and regional anesthesia. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is the opportunity to deliver anesthesia safely while providing optimal analgesia to her patients. Dr. Shane is also RECOVER certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Life Support (ALS) for veterinary professionals.
In her spare time, Dr. Shane enjoys hiking with her dog (Fynn), reading, and ballet.
- Bachelor of Science: The Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis, West Indies
- Internship: Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital, Snohomish, WA
- Residency: Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Starkville, MS
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)