Scott Averill, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVS-SA is a board-certified Veterinary Surgeon who joined the MedVet North Shore team in May of 2020. Dr. Averill earned his Bachelor of Science in Physiology followed by his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI. He completed his rotating internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Metropolitan Veterinary Hospital in Akron, OH and his surgery residency at the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine in Champaign-Urbana, IL.
Dr. Averill has a special interest in fracture repair, cruciate ligament disease, oncologic surgery, and cardiothoracic surgery and enjoys helping better the lives of pets and their owners.
In his free time, Dr. Averill enjoys exercising, being outdoors, and working in the yard.
- Bachelor of Science (Physiology): Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Internship (Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, Rotating): Metropolitan Hospital, Akron, OH
- Residency (Surgery): University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Champaign-Urbana, IL
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons (ACVS)