Scott Kidd, DVM is a Surgery Resident at MedVet Columbus where he has been part of the surgery team since 2016. Dr. Kidd attended the University of California, Berkeley, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in 2009 and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine where he earned his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2013. Dr. Kidd completed his clinical year of veterinary school at the University of California, Davis Veterinary Teaching Hospital. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Kidd completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Pet Emergency & Specialist Centre in Malvern, Australia, a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at the Animal Medical Center in New York City, and a yearlong surgery internship at Sierra Veterinary Specialists in Reno, Nevada. He is currently completing a three-year residency in small animal surgery at MedVet Columbus.
Dr. Kidd is the author and co-author of a scientific articles published in a variety of veterinary publications including Veterinary Comparative Orthopedic and Traumatology, Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, Journal of Fish Disease and Veterinary Microbiology. He is also an active advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on small animal surgery topics including infectious endocarditis and canine visceral metastatic mast cell tumor.
Dr. Kidd maintains an interest in all aspects of surgery and has particular interest in total hip replacement, interventional radiology, reconstructive surgery and minimally invasive surgery including arthroscopy, thoracoscopy, and laparoscopy. Dr. Kidd was introduced to veterinary medicine at a young age by his father and brother who are both veterinarians in California. When not treating patients, Dr. Kidd enjoys hiking with his dog, mountain biking, mountaineering, and skiing.
- Bachelor of Arts: University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, Basseterre, St. Kitts; Clinical year at the University of California, Davis Veterinary Teaching Hospital
- Internship (Emergency and Research): Pet Emergency & Specialist Centre, Malvern East, Australia
- Internship (Small Animal Medicine and Surgery): Animal Medical Center. New York City, New York
- Internship (Surgery): Sierra Veterinary Specialists, Reno, Nevada
- Residency (Small Animal Surgery): Current: MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets, Columbus, Ohio
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- California Veterinary Medical Association