Dr. Patel attended the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine in Urbana, IL. Following earning her veterinary degree, Dr. Patel completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at the Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine in Baton Rouge, LA. Prior to joining MedVet, she worked as an emergency medicine veterinarian for two years at a practice in Buffalo Grove, IL.
Dr. Patel has a special interest in cardiac emergencies and anaphylaxis. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is the challenge of treating various conditions, stabilizing critical patients, and being there for families in their time of need. In addition, she feels one of the best parts of her job is collaborating with other specialties to provide the best possible care for pets.
When not in the ER, Dr. Patel enjoys traveling and baking.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana, IL
- Internship: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, LA
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Chicago Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA)
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)