Shane F. DeWitt, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (LAIM), is a Veterinary Hospitalist at MedVet Akron, where he has been a part of the team since 2021.
Dr. DeWitt attended Saint Mary’s University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. He then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Atlantic Veterinary College at the University of Prince Edward Island in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada. Following earning his veterinary degree, Dr. DeWitt completed an internal medicine residency at the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University in North Grafton, MA. Prior to joining MedVet, Dr. DeWitt was a faculty member at Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine before transitioning to general practice for 13 years.
Dr. DeWitt has a special interest in internal medicine, critical care, and pharmacology. His favorite part of veterinary medicine is the opportunity to help pets and treat a variety of conditions.
- Bachelor of Science: Saint Mary’s University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Atlantic Veterinary College at the University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
- Residency: Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University, North Grafton, MA
- Board Certification: American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (LAIM)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA)
- American Academy of Veterinary Acupuncture (AAVA)