Stephanie LaPlume, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian who joined the MedVet Campbell team in August 2008. Dr. LaPlume earned her Bachelor of Science degree in the Biological Basis of Behavior (neuroscience) from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA followed by her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine in Ithaca, NY. She then completed a Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship at Ocean State Veterinary Specialists in East Greenwich, RI.
In addition to having special interests in pain management, trauma, foxtails, urinary obstructions, emergency procedures, and emergency surgery, Dr. LaPlume enjoys being able to make a noticeable difference and help pets and their families through emergencies every day! She likes helping animals feel dramatically better and the ability to help put their families at ease.
In her free time, Dr. LaPlume enjoys snowboarding, beaches, traveling, and spending time in the outdoors.
- Bachelor of Science (Biological Basis of Behavior): University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, Ithaca, New York
- Internship (Rotating Medicine and Surgery): Ocean State Veterinary Specialists, East Greenwich, Rhode Island
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)
- California Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA)