Stephen Lemarie, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVD is a board-certified Veterinary Dermatologist at MedVet New Orleans and MedVet Mandeville. He has been part of the medical team since 2015. Dr. Lemarie attended Louisiana Tech University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree and Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine where he earned a Masters of Science and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Lemarie worked in a busy mixed animal practice prior to completing a three-year residency in small animal dermatology at the Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine.
After becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Dermatology, Dr. Lemarie founded Southeast Veterinary Specialists which became part of MedVet New Orleans in 2015.
Dr. Lemarie is experienced in all aspects of small animal dermatology with particular interests in allergic, auto immune, infectious and parasitic diseases of the skin. He also has an interest in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the ear. He was one of the first veterinary dermatologists in the country to utilize the Rush Immunotherapy Technique in dogs and cats with atopic dermatitis (allergies). Dr. Lemarie enjoys establishing long term relationships with his patients and their owners.
- Bachelor of Science: Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, Louisiana
- Masters of Science: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Residency: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Dermatology
- American College of Veterinary Dermatology
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association
- Mississippi Veterinary Medical Association
- Southeast Louisiana Veterinary Association