Stephen Martinez, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (SAIM) is a board-certified Veterinary Internist at MedVet Columbus where he has been part of the medical team since 2009. Dr. Martinez attended The Ohio State University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in 1999, as well as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2005. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Martinez completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery, a three-year residency in small animal internal medicine and a yearlong fellowship at Angell Animal Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts.
Since becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Dr. Martinez has written scientific articles published in veterinary publications and is currently collaborating on clinical trials studying pancreatitis and platelets. He is also an active advocate of continuing education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on various small animal internal medicine topics including canine and feline urolithiasis, feline hepatic lipidosis, nutritional management of canine and feline chronic kidney disease, canine and feline protein losing enteropathy, canine patent ductus arteriosis and canine hyperadrenocorticism.
Dr. Martinez maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal internal medicine with particular interests in endocrine and liver diseases as well as performing minimally invasive procedures including laparoscopy, endoscopy, bronchoscopy, and cystoscopy. When not treating patients, Dr. Martinez enjoys photography, hiking and traveling.
- Bachelors of Science: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Internship: Angell Animal Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- Residency: Angell Animal Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- Fellowship: Angell Animal Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine