Susanna Hinkle Schwartz, DVM, Diplomate, ACVS-SA, is a board-certified Veterinary Surgeon at MedVet Cincinnati where she has been part of the medical team since 2011. Dr. Schwartz attended Tufts University where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree and The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine where she earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Schwartz completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Angell Animal Medical Center and a three-year residency in small animal surgery at Tufts University College of Veterinary Medicine and The Angell Animal Medical Center.
After becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons, Dr. Schwartz returned to her hometown of Cincinnati to develop her private surgical practice. She is the author and co-author of several scientific articles published in veterinary publications including the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association and Clinicians Brief. She is an active advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on various small animal surgery topics. She has been the key speaker at the Tufts University Annual Orthopedic and Soft Tissue Surgery Course and Laboratory for the past five years in Florida and Puerto Rico.
Dr. Schwartz maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal surgery with particular interests in spinal surgeries and fractures, complicated soft tissue surgeries and arthroscopy. She is devoted to ensuring each patient receives the best care possible for the ideal long-term outcome.
In addition to her work at MedVet, Dr. Schwartz volunteers her time organizing and participating in the Annual Cincinnati Veterinary Medical Association Canine Corp to examine police and search and rescue dogs. She also participates in the Annual Guide Dog Clinic that performs ocular exams on service and guide dogs. She is on the Board of many local veterinary organizations dedicated to the local community and veterinary care. When not treating patients, Dr. Schwartz plays several sports and enjoys spending time with her husband and two daughters.
- Bachelor of Science: Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Internship: The Angell Animal Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- Residency: Tufts University College of Veterinary Medicine/The Angell Animal Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons - Small Animal
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Veterinary Society for Surgical Oncology
- Veterinary Orthopedic Society
- Orthopedic Examinations on Police and Working Dogs, Specialists Clinic, Orthopedic Examination, Cincinnati Veterinary Medical Association
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Cincinnati Veterinary Medical Association, Board Member and Public Relations Chair (2010-present)
- Miami Valley Veterinary Medical Association
- Animal Friends Animal Shelter, Board Member
- Cincinnati Country Day School, Alumni Board Member
- Scarlet Oaks Veterinary Assistant Program, Business and Industry Advisory Council