Dr. Miller attended the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, MA, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering. She began her veterinary journey through a study abroad program at Freie Universität in Berlin, Germany, and then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of North Carolina in Raleigh, NC. After earning her veterinary degree, Dr. Miller completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at Darien Animal Hospital in Darien, CT, and an internal medicine residency at the Animal Medical Center in New York City.
Dr. Miller has co-authored publications on choledochal cysts, a rare canine fungal infection, and the relationship of specific characteristics in dogs with Hemolytic Anemia. She has a special interest in hematology, infectious disease, gastroenterology, hepatology, and nephrology.
Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is the connections she builds through her work. Dr. Miller says there is nothing more rewarding than the trust of a family who allows her to be a part of their relationship with their pet and walk beside them in the journey of caring for our wonderful little companions. Additionally, in her years of service to the veterinary community, her passion has been to bring veterinarians together to learn from each other and develop lifelong relationships.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Miller enjoys flying planes and kitesurfing. She is also passionate about honing her language skills in Spanish and German.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, MA
- Veterinary Study Abroad: Freie Universität, Berlin, Germany
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship: Darien Animal Hospital, Darien, CT
- Small Animal Internal Medicine Residency: The Animal Medical Center, New York City, NY
- Board Certification: Board Certification: Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)