Tifini Batts, DVM, MSPH, is residency trained in Veterinary Internal Medicine. She joined the MedVet Houston Bay Area team in 2022.
Dr. Batts earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Chemistry, with a concentration in Biochemistry, from Kalamazoo College in Kalamazoo, MI. She went on to complete a Master of Science degree in Public Health at Meharry Medical College in Nashville, TN. Dr. Batts received a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine in East Lansing, MI. She then completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at BluePearl Pet Hospital in Nashville, TN. This was followed by a second internal medicine internship at Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists in Houston, TX. In addition, Dr. Batts completed an internal medicine residency at the Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine in Baton Rouge, LA.
Dr. Batts has a special interest in infectious diseases because they are one of the few curative conditions in internal medicine. She enjoys using her public health background to isolate social determinants of health and how they impact health outcomes. This unique insight aids Dr. Batts in developing creative, equitable solutions for her patients.
When away from the hospital, Dr. Batts enjoys finding new hobbies through Groupon. Some of her favorite activities have included skydiving, horseback riding, and kickboxing.
- Bachelor of Arts: Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, MI
- Master of Science: Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Internship: BluePearl Pet Hospital, Nashville, TN
- Internship: Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists, Houston, TX
- Residency: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, LA
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Phi Zeta Honor Society