Wendy J. Kollar, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Akron where she serves at the Emergency Room Department Head. She has been part of the emergency team since 2002. Dr. Kollar is an alumna of Auburn University, where she received both a Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Kollar completed a yearlong small animal rotating internship at Angell Animal Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. In addition to her clinical experience, Dr. Kollar is also an active member of several professional organizations, including American Veterinary Medical Association, Ohio Veterinary Medical Association and the Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society.
Dr. Kollar thrives on the fast-pace of the emergency room, and enjoys being able to nurture the human-animal bond through veterinary medicine. When not treating patients, Dr. Kollar enjoys outdoor activities and life on her mini farm.
- Bachelor of Science: Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
- Internship: Angell Memorial Animal Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society