William Bean, DVM, is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Toledo. He has been a part of the team since 2010.
Dr. Bean attended the University of Florida in Gainesville, FL where he earned Bachelor of Science degree. He then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine. Following earning his veterinary degree, Dr. Bean completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine in Urbana, IL and a surgery internship at Affiliated Veterinary Specialists in Maitland, FL.
Since 2002, Dr. Bean has focused his practice on Emergency Medicine and has a special interest in managing intensive care conditions and endocrine diseases. Dr. Bean enjoys working with the various specialists at MedVet to provide the best possible care to pets. Additionally, he plays a lead role in the Dayton emergency services and facilitates continuing education and training for doctors and veterinary technicians.
When not treating patients, Dr. Bean is interested in architecture, historic preservation, outdoor activities (kayaking, hiking), traveling to national parks, and visiting other countries.
- Bachelors of Science: University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine, Gainesville, FL
- Internship: University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana, Illinois
- Internship: Affiliated Veterinary Specialists, Maitland, FL
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Cincinnati Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA)