William Bean, DVM, is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Dayton and MedVet Cincinnati where he has been a member of the Emergency Team since 2010. Dr. Bean attended the University of Florida where he earned both a Bachelor of Science degree and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Bean completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at the University of Illinois and a yearlong surgical internship at Affiliated Veterinary Specialists.
Since 2002, Dr. Bean has focused his practice on Emergency Medicine. Dr. Bean maintains an interest in all aspects of emergency medicine with particular interest in managing intensive care conditions and and endocrine diseases. He enjoys working with the various specialists at MedVet to provide the best possible patient care and outcomes. Dr. Bean plays a lead role in the Dayton emergency service and facilitates continuing education and training for doctors and nursing staff.
When not treating patients, Dr. Bean is interested in architecture, historic preservation, outdoor activities (kayaking, hiking), traveling to national parks, and visiting other countries.
- Bachelors of Science: University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine, Gainesville, Florida
- Internship: University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois
- Internship: Affiliated Veterinary Specialists, Maitland, Florida
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Cincinnati Veterinary Medical Association