MedVet’s Student Shadow Program is designed to offer college students pursuing a career in Veterinary Medicine an opportunity to gain further insight into the day to day responsibilities of an emergency veterinarian, specialty veterinarian, or veterinary technician. Shadow opportunities vary by location.
Qualifications for Student Programs
- Student must be enrolled in a program specific to veterinary medicine. For example, students of veterinary technician programs, pre-veterinary students, and students in veterinary school.
MedVet’s Student Shadow Program Details
- Opportunities generally include a one eight hour shift per academic term.
- Shift hours are flexible with emergency, nursing and critical care departments. Other specialty department hours are typically 9 am-5 pm.
- Students interested in pursuing a veterinary medical degree are supervised by Veterinarians.
- Students interested in pursuing a veterinary technician degree are supervised by Registered Veterinary Technicians (RVTs).
Student Shadow Opportunities
The MedVet Student Shadow Program provides opportunities for clinical observation supervised by clinical team members in a variety of specialties depending on your location. Experiences may include anesthesia & analgesia, avian & exotics, cardiology, critical care, dentistry & oral surgery, dermatology, emergency medicine, internal medicine, integrative medicine, neurology & neurosurgery, medical oncology, ophthalmology, radiation oncology, radiology, rehabilitation, and/or surgery.
For MedVet’s Student Shadow Program opportunities, apply through the following externship coordinators at the following locations:
Please include a copy of your resume, dates of availability, and departments of interest with your email.
- Akron – Debora Dressler – Debora.Dressler@medvet.com
- Cincinnati – Joe Defulio – Joe.Defulio@medvet.com
- Cleveland Northeast – Kristen Wagner – Kristen.Wagner@medvet.com
- Cleveland West – Suzanne MacGregor – Suzanne.MacGregor@medvet.com
- Columbus – Joana Ducheine – Joana.Ducheine@medvet.com
- Dayton – Carlisa Harris – Carlisa.Harris@medvet.com
- Hilliard – Schuylar McGuffey – Schuylar.McGuffey@medvet.com
- Mahoning Valley – Jenny Moorman – Jenny.Moorman@medvet.com
- Toledo – Jeanna Beck – Jeanna.Beck@medvet.com
Indiana – Nathan Harling– Nathan.Harling@medvet.com
Illinois – Joe DeFulio – Joe.DeFulio@medvet.com
Kentucky – Skye Bricarello – Skye.Bricarello@medvet.com
- Mandeville – Shannon Capouch – Shannon.Capouch@medvet.com
- New Orleans – Colleen Mangum – Colleen.Mangum@medvet.com
Alabama – Amanda Dunaway – Amanda.Dunaway@medvet.com
- Dallas, Uptown, and Richardson – Amanda Dunaway – Amanda.Dunaway@medvet.com
- Grapevine – Vanessa Graeb – Vanessa.Graeb@medvet.com