Virtually all lilies are toxic to cats including common lily plants such as Asiatic, day, Easter, stargazer and tiger lilies. All parts of the lily are poisonous to cats including the flower, leaves and pollen. A cat can even be poisoned by drinking water from a vase with lilies in it. Cats that ingest any part of a lily may develop acute renal failure and die within days. Although there is no antidote, prompt treatment within 18 hours of ingestion can help save the cat.

Read More

By | Posted In News Releases