Adam T. Watson, DVM, Diplomate, ACVR is a board-certified Veterinary Radiologist at MedVet Columbus where he has been part of the medical team since 2010. Dr. Watson attended The Ohio State University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Watson completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Oradell Animal Hospital, a yearlong internship in radiology at MedVet Columbus and a three-year residency in radiology at Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine.
Since becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Radiology, Dr. Watson has become a leader and well-known figure in the Ohio veterinary community. His clinical research has been published internationally in Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound. He has presented his work at the American College of Veterinary Radiology conference and has lectured and hosted wet labs at the Midwest Veterinary Conference as well as continuing education seminars in the Cincinnati and Columbus regions.
Dr. Watson has a passion for teaching and has been instrumental in developing a strong diagnostic imaging residency program. He serves as the diagnostic imaging resident director at MedVet Columbus, one of only two private practice ACVR-accredited diagnostic imaging residency programs in the nation.
Dr. Watson is experienced in all aspects of small animal radiology with particular interests in in cross-sectional imaging with emphasis on MRI of neurological diseases, CT evaluation of primary bronchopulmonary disease and advanced techniques such as CT angiography in the diagnosis of vascular anomalies. Dr. Watson’s favorite part of his job is that, because radiology support is needed for diagnosis of so many different veterinary conditions, his role allows him to interface with numerous MedVet colleagues and with referring veterinarians.. Dr. Watson is a music junkie and the proud father of three children.
- Bachelor of Science: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Small Animal Internship: Oradell Animal Hospital, Paramus, New Jersey
- Radiology Internship: MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets, Columbus, Ohio
- Residency: Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, Massachusetts
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Radiology
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- ACVR Ultrasound Society Committee
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine