Dr. Mooney attended Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, TN. Following earning her veterinary degree, she completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at the Colorado State University in Fort Collins, CO, and a neurology residency at Mississippi State University in Starkville, MS.
Dr. Mooney has co-authored several scientific articles that have been widely published in peer-reviewed journals, including the American Journal of Veterinary Research, Frontiers in Veterinary Science, Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, and PeerJ – Life and Environment.
She has a special interest in spinal surgery, inflammatory brain disease, refractory seizure cases, and client education. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is providing pet families with the knowledge to improve and extend the quality of life of their pets, whether that is helping an animal walk again or gaining better control over challenging seizure cases.
Dr. Mooney enjoys hiking, camping, fishing, and live music when not caring for patients.
- Bachelor of Science: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
- Neurology Residency: Mississippi State University, Starkville, MS
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Neurology)