Dr. Hanthorn earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science with a minor in Veterinary Technology from The Ohio State University College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences (CFAES) in Columbus, OH and an Associate of Arts and Sciences degree in Applied Science from Columbus State Community College in Columbus, OH. Following the completion of her undergraduate studies, she attended The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Columbus, OH where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Dr. Hanthorn has dedicated much of her career to caring for animals in shelters and rescue centers.
Dr. Hanthorn has a special interest in small mammal (pocket pet) medicine, wound management, dentistry, shelter medicine, and animal welfare. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is helping animals in need and supporting the human-animal bond.
- Bachelor of Science: The Ohio State University College of Food, Agriculture, and Environmental Sciences, Columbus, OH
- Associate of Arts and Sciences: Columbus State Community College, Columbus, OH.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine Columbus, OH
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA)
- Association of Shelter Veterinarians