Barb Buford, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian and Medical Director at MedVet Toledo where she became part of the medical team in 2001. Dr. Buford attended the University of Findlay where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree followed by The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Buford practiced with a local veterinarian for six years before joining what is now MedVet Toledo. She also recently taught Zoology at the University of Findlay.
Although Dr. Buford maintains an interest in all aspects of emergency medicine, she has particular interest in critical care and surgery. Dr. Buford’s favorite part of being a veterinarian is making a difference for patients and their families. After 20 years, she still loves her job and finds emergency medicine exciting and ever changing. Dr. Buford enjoys sharing her experiences and knowledge with students and welcomes the opportunity to speak with groups about the veterinary profession. When not treating patients, Dr. Buford enjoys traveling, reading, competing in triathlons, attending sporting events and spending time with her friends and family.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Findlay, Findlay, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- Toledo Veterinary Medical Association