Dr. McQuown graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from the University of Central Florida in Orlando, FL. Following completion of her undergraduate studies, she earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC. Dr. McQuown then spent one year with VCA Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center in Norwalk & Shelton, CT, during which time she completed her rotating internship in Small Animal Medicine. She next completed a three-year residency at Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University in North Grafton, MA.
Dr. McQuown maintains a special interest in cardiac tumors, lymphoma, and palliative care. She finds great fulfillment in the relationships she builds with clients and patients.
When not caring for her patients, Dr. McQuown enjoys running, cooking, and traveling.
- Bachelor of Arts: University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Internship: VCA Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center, Norwalk & Shelton, Connecticut
- Residency: Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University, North Grafton, Massachusetts
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Oncology)
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Veterinary Cancer Society