Carrie A. Davis, DVM, Diplomate, ACVAA, is a Board-certified Specialist in Veterinary Anesthesia & Analgesia and Medical Director at MedVet Dallas, where she has been a part of the team since 2021.
Dr. Davis attended The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science followed by The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. She then completed a small animal medicine and surgery rotating internship at Carolina Veterinary Specialists in Charlotte, NC as well as an Anesthesia & Analgesia Residency at the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine in Knoxville, TN. She serves as an education committee member for the American College of Veterinary Anesthesia & Analgesia (ACVAA), a Forum Moderator for the North American Veterinary Anesthesia Society (NAVAS), and Board Member and Vice President of the Collin County Veterinary Medical Association (CCVMA). Prior to joining MedVet, Dr. Davis spent more than two years in a private practice in Irving, TX.
Dr. Davis has authored book chapters and journal articles on topics including total intravenous anesthesia (TIVA), urogenital anesthesia, and imaging anesthesia. Along with these topics, she has a special interest in locoregional anesthesia and perioperative pain management. Dr. Davis’ favorite part of veterinary medicine is providing comfort to pets and their families and having the opportunity to provide the highest level of perioperative care through expert anesthesia delivery. She also enjoys monitoring pain management through an individualized plan for each Patient. Dr. Davis is passionate about teaching other veterinary professionals through continuing education lectures. She also loves tiny dogs!
When away from the hospital, Dr. Davis enjoys working in her flower garden, feeding and watching birds, traveling, and spending time with family.
- Bachelor of Science: The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, OH
- Internship: Carolina Veterinary Specialists, Charlotte, NC
- Residency: University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville, TN
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Anesthesia & Analgesia
- American College of Veterinary Anesthesia & Analgesia (ACVAA)
- North American Veterinary Anesthesia Society (NAVAS)
- Texas Veterinary Medical Association (TVMA)
- Texas Equine Veterinary Association (TEVA)
- Dallas County Veterinary Medical Association (DCVMA)
- Tarrant County Veterinary Medical Association (TEVMA)
- Collin County Veterinary Medical Association (CCVMA)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)