Dr. Shaw obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology and Sociology/ Anthropology from St. Olaf College in Northfield, MN. She then completed a Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine degree from University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland. During her studies, Dr. Shaw expanded her veterinary skills by completing internships in large animal medicine and surgery, anesthesia & analgesia, and diagnostic imaging. In addition, Dr. Shaw completed training at Chi University to become a Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (CVA), a Certified Veterinary Food Therapist (CVFT), a Certified Veterinary Chinese Herbalist (CVCH), a Certified Veterinary Tui-na Practitioner (CVTP), and a Certified Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medical Practitioner (CTCVMP).
Dr. Shaw is an accomplished author, penning numerous articles on a wide variety of topics within the sphere of Integrative Medicine. She has completed study and performance in all four branches of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM) – Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine, Food Therapy, and Tui-na. She has a particular interest in bringing TCVM into wellness, prevention, and end-of-life care for all her patients. She loves all aspects of being a veterinarian, in particular giving help, hope, and quality-of-life to pets who often have limited options.
Outside our hospital, Dr. Shaw enjoys learning new and beneficial integrative medicine techniques, aerial yoga, and spending time with her beloved pets.
- Bachelor of Arts: St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine: University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
- Internship in Large Animal Medicine and Surgery, Anesthesia & Analgesia, and Diagnostic Imaging: University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
- Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist: Chi Spain, San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Spain
- Certified Veterinary Food Therapist: Chi University, Reddick, FL
- Certified Veterinary Chinese Herbalist: Chi University, Reddick, FL
- Certified Veterinary Tui-na Practitioner: Chi University, Reddick, FL
- Certified Traditional Veterinary Medical Practitioner: Chi University, Reddick, FL
- American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Founding and Current Board Member of the World Association of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (WATCVM)
- Community Outreach Committee Chair (WATCVM)