Erin Tennyson, VMD is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Chicago where she has been part of the emergency team since 2009. Dr. Tennyson is a graduate of Yale University, where she earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry. She then attended the University of Pennsylvania College of Veterinary Medicine, where she earned her veterinary medical degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Tennyson completed a yearlong small animal rotating internship at Oradell Animal Hospital in New Jersey before relocating to Chicago.
Dr. Tennyson enjoys the wide variety of cases that emergency medicine offers, from common gastrointestinal upset to more complicated conditions such as heart disease. She is always thrilled when she sees a pet who has recovered and is able to be discharged from the hospital. Dr. Tennyson practices compassionate care and focuses on the entire clinical picture, partnering with clients to keep them informed and guiding them in choosing the best treatment option for their pet. When not treating patients, Dr. Tennyson enjoys spending time with her family.
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry): Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
- Veterinary Medical Degree: University of Pennsylvania College of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Internship (Small Animal-Rotating): Oradell Animal Hospital, Paramus, New Jersey
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- American Veterinary Medical Association