Federico Latimer, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVS, is a Board-certified Veterinary Surgeon at MedVet Jupiter.
Dr. Latimer earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Villanova University in Villanova, PA. He then completed the first of two Master of Science degrees at Pennsylvania State University in State College, PA. He earned his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree followed by a second Master of Science degree from The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Columbus, OH.
He then entered private practice in Puerto Rico before joining the faculty at the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, where he completed a residency in Comparative Surgery. He has worked on the surgical faculties at the University of Tennessee, North Carolina State University, Oregon State University, Louisiana State University, and Ohio State University.
Dr. Federico Latimer has published numerous scientific articles including two evaluating the pharmacokinetics of antifungal agents in horses. In addition, he authored or co-authored numerous book chapters. Dr. Latimer continues to collaborate with orthopedic colleagues in order to provide the most up-to-date and modern surgical procedures for his patients.
- Bachelor of Science: Villanova University, Villanova, PA
- Master of Science: Penn State University, State College, PA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Master of Science Degree: Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Comparative Surgery Residency: University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville, TN
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgery (ACVS)