Gabby Schrader, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Pittsburgh where she has been a part of the team since 2021.
Dr. Schrader earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology with a minor in Chemistry from Clark University in Worcester, MA followed by a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine in Knoxville, TN. She then completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine in Athens, GA and an internship in zoological medicine at the Calgary Zoo in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Prior to joining MedVet, Dr. Schrader spent years in general veterinary practice in addition to working at zoos. She has also been a Captain in the US Army Reserves since 2015.
Dr. Shrader has co-authored publications on “Conservative Management of Pyothorax in an Amur Tiger” as well as the “Diagnosis, Treatment, and Outcome of Eastern Box Turtles Presented to a Wildlife Clinic in Tennessess.” She has a special interest in surgical emergencies and wound care and her favorite part of veterinary medicine is helping animals and their families.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Schrader enjoys ice hockey and is a Washington Capitals fan. She also enjoys travelling, being outdoors, and spending time with her two dogs: Archer, a German Shepherd and Koa Kai, a Labrador Retriever mix.
- Bachelor of Science: Clark University, Worcester, MA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville, TN
- Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine, Athens, GA
- Zoological Medicine Internship: Calgary Zoo, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- American Association of Zoo Veterinarians (AAZV)