Gillen Freebing, DVM, is a Veterinary Hospitalist at MedVet Chicago, where she has been a part of our team since 2021.
Dr. Freebing attended Becker College in Worcester, MA, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Pre-Veterinary Sciences and an Associate of Science degree in Veterinary Technology. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis, West Indies. Following earning her veterinary degree, she completed a small animal medicine and surgery internship at MedVet Chicago.
Dr. Freebing has a special interest in cardiology, critical care, and radiology. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is caring for animals and educating families about their pet’s health.
In her spare time, Dr. Freebing enjoys baking and reading.
- Associate of Science: Becker College, Worcester, MA
- Bachelor of Science: Becker College, Worcester, MA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis, West Indies
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship: MedVet Chicago, Chicago, IL
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)