Jill Yates, DVM, CVA, Diplomate, ACVIM (SAIM) is a board-certified small animal Internal Medicine Specialist at MedVet Mandeville where she has been part of the medical team since 2016. Dr. Yates attended Louisiana State University where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree, followed by St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Yates completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery followed by a three-year residency in small animal internal medicine at Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center, in Mandeville, LA, now known as MedVet Mandeville. Dr. Yates completed training at the Chi Institute of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine in 2007 to become a Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (CVA).
Since becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine in 2011, Dr. Yates has practiced at VCA Great Lakes Veterinary Specialists in Cleveland, Ohio and the Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center in Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania. She is also an active advocate of continuing education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on internal medicine and veterinary acupuncture topics. She has authored a scientific paper in the veterinary journal Compendium on Endoscopic Removal of a Nasal Cuterebra Larva from a Puppy.
Dr. Yates is experienced in all aspects internal medicine with particular interest in gastrointestinal, fungal, and immune mediated diseases. When not treating patients, Dr. Yates enjoys running, scuba diving, photography, and spending time with family and friends.
- Bachelor of Science: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: St. George’s University, School of Veterinary Medicine, Grenada, West Indies
- Internship: Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center, Mandeville, Louisiana
- Residency: Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center, Mandeville, Louisiana
- Board Certification: Diplomate American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
- Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist: Chi Institute of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Association of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine