Jordan Scherk, DVM, DACVECC is a board-certified Veterinary Specialist in Emergency Medicine and Critical Care. He attended the University of Florida (Animal Sciences) before going on to earn his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Western University of Health Services in Pomona, CA. Following graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Scherk completed a small animal rotating internship at the Veterinary Specialty Center of Seattle, followed by a three-year residency in Emergency and Critical Care at the University of Georgia in Athens, GA in 2013.
Dr. Scherk is experienced in all aspects of small animal emergency and critical care with specific areas of interest in trauma, mechanical ventilation, and respiratory disease, metabolic emergencies, CPR, critical care anesthesia, and post-operative care. His favorite part of practicing emergency medicine is helping patients that don’t have a great chance of survival go to home to their families.
When not caring for patients, you can find Dr. Scherk enjoying Utah’s outdoors – rock climbing, skiing, and snowboarding. He also enjoys hiking with his dog and children, and cooking.
In our “Meet the Specialist” series, we are taking you behind the scenes to get to know our specialists better and to show you why we love our team members so much! Meet Dr. Jordan Scherk, Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Specialist at MedVet Salt Lake City and MedVet Northern Utah.
- Bachelor of Science (Animal Sciences): University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Western University of Health Services in Pomona, California
- Internship (Small Animal-Rotating): Veterinary Specialty Center of Seattle, Lynwood, Washington
- Residency: University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia
- Emergency and Critical Care
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (ACVECC)
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)
- Utah Veterinary Medical Association (UVMA)