Katherine (Katie) R. Quinter, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian and Medical Director for MedVet Columbus. Formerly, Dr. Quinter served as the Medical Director for MedVet Hilliard where she was a part of the Emergency team since 2014. Dr. Quinter is a graduate of Denison University where she earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications. She then went on to complete her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Quinter completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Hollywood Animal Hospital in Hollywood, Florida, as well as an externship with the American Veterinary Medical Association.
Although Dr. Quinter maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal emergency medicine, she has a particular interest in treating cases involving systemic illnesses such as kidney, liver, and pancreatic disease. She is passionate about client communication and education, and enjoys her role in guiding owners through difficult times and helping them make the best decision for their pet. When not treating patients, Dr. Quinter enjoys CrossFit, yoga, and spending time with her nieces and nephews.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications: Denison University, Granville, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Internship: Hollywood Animal Hospital, Hollywood, Florida
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine