Kathryn A. Konieska, DVM, is a Veterinary Hospitalist at MedVet Dallas, where she has been a part of the team since 2021.
Dr. Konieska attended Iowa State University in Ames, IA where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine in Saint Paul, MN. Following earning her veterinary degree, Dr. Konieska completed a small animal medicine and surgery internship at South Texas Veterinary Specialists, LLP in San Antonio, TX as well as an emergency medicine and critical care internship at the Center for Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Care in Lewisville, TX. Additionally, Dr. Konieska completed a residency in emergency medicine and critical care at Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists in Buzzard Bay, MA. Prior to joining MedVet, she spent three years as an emergency medicine veterinarian in Lewisville, TX.
Dr. Konieska has a special interest in hospice and palliative care. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is supporting the human-animal bond by providing care that improves health and prolongs lie.
When not in the hospital, Dr. Konieska enjoys spending time with her family, puzzles, knitting, and tabletop games.
- Bachelor of Science: Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine, Saint Paul, MN
- Internship: South Texas Veterinary Specialists, LLP, San Antonio, TX
- Internship: Center for Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Care, Lewisville, TX
- Residency: Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists, Buzzard Bay, MA
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)