Kristine Chan, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (Cardiology), FAHA, is a board-certified Veterinary Cardiologist at MedVet Campbell, MedVet Mountain View, and MedVet Silicon Valley. Originally from New York, she earned her Bachelor’s degree and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Cornell University. Following graduation, she completed an internship at the Angell Animal Medical Center in Boston and a Cardiology Residency at the California Animal Hospital in Los Angeles, where she achieved board certification in 2009. She subsequently joined Cedars-Sinai Medical Center’s Heart Institute as a post-doctoral fellow, for further cardiac training.
She is a Fellow of the American Heart Association, an Affiliate member of the American College of Cardiology, and a California Medical Reserve Corps disaster relief volunteer. She volunteers her time to the animals of the Oakland Zoo and Guide Dogs for the Blind.
After her training, she thought she would move back home, but met her husband who was born and bred in San Francisco. So Dr. Chan is here in the Bay to stay! In her free time, she enjoys reading, walking, yoga, and cuddling with Butters, their rescue cat with an atrial septal defect, Esther their fospice puppy with tricuspid valve dysplasia, and Kali their spoiled bearded dragon.
She is currently at MedVet Silicon Valley on select Mondays and Thursdays.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- Internship: Angell Animal Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- Cardiology Residency: California Animal Hospital, Los Angeles, California
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Cardiology)
- Affiliate Member: American College of Cardiology
- Fellow: American Heart Association