Maggie Schuckman, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (Cardiology) is a board-certified Veterinary Cardiologist at MedVet Cincinnati and MedVet Lexington, where she has been part of the cardiology team since 2015. Dr. Schuckman The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine where she earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Schuckman completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Michigan Veterinary Specialists and a three-year residency in small animal cardiology at the University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario.
Dr. Schuckman is an active advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on various small animal cardiology topics to veterinarians, veterinary students and technicians.
Dr. Schuckman maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal cardiology with particular interests in congenital heart disease, minimally invasive catheter procedures and dilated cardiomyopathy. Her dedication to cardiology stems from the fact that every other organ system depends on blood flow from the heart. Dr. Schuckman is passionate about offering treatment options that dramatically change a patient’s prognosis and quality of life. She strives to strengthen referring veterinarian and client relationships and prioritize communication to ensure a positive future for her patients.
Dr. Schuckman was featured on a 2016 episode of the HGTV hit show, House Hunters which chronicled her return to her hometown of Cincinnati after years away pursuing her education and credentials to become a veterinary cardiologist. When not treating patients, Dr. Schuckman enjoys spending time with her family, playing volleyball, and running with her Golden Retriever “Maverick”.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Internship: Michigan Veterinary Specialists, Southfield, Michigan
- Residency: University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Cardiology)
- American College Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Cincinnati Veterinary Medical Association