Max Parkanzky, DVM, DACVIM, is a Board-Certified Small Animal Internal Medicine Specialist at MedVet Salt Lake City. He has been a part of the team since 2019 and is also the Internal Medicine Specialty Leader for all MedVet locations.
Dr. Parkanzki earned a bachelor’s degree in animal science at Michigan State University. He received his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and master’s degree from Purdue University. Following veterinary school, he completed an internship and residency at the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine.
Dr. Parkanzky has a strong interest in autoimmune and inflammatory diseases but also in minimally invasive diagnostics and therapies, liver disease and extracorporeal therapies such as dialysis.
Professional memberships include the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine and the American Veterinary Medical Association.
In our “Meet the Specialist” series, we are taking you behind the scenes to get to know our specialists better and to show you why we love our team members so much! Meet Dr. Max Parkanzky, Veterinary Internist at MedVet Salt Lake City and MedVet Northern Utah.
- Bachelor of Science (Animal Science): Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- Master's Degree: Purdue University, West Layfayette, Indiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Purdue University, West Layfayette, Indiana
- Internship: University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine, Athens, Georgia
- Residency: University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine, Athens, Georgia
- Post-Residency Training: Veterinary Hemodialysis Academy
- Internal Medicine
- Interventional Radiology and Interventional Endoscopy
- Hemodialysis and Extracorporeal Therapies
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Society of Veterinary Nephrology and Urology
- Veterinary Interventional Radiology and Interventional Endoscopy Society