Nichole Birmbaum, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (SAIM) is a Board-Certified Small Animal Internal Medicine Specialist at MedVet Northern Virginia, where she has been part of the medical team since 1998. Dr. Birnbaum attended Cornell University where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree. She then attended the University of Florida’s College of Veterinary Medicine, where she earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Birnbaum completed a yearlong rotating internship at Veterinary Specialists of Rochester (Rochester, NY). Before competing her Internal Medicine Residency at Cornell University’s College of Veterinary Medicine, she was an associate veterinarian at a general hospital in Rochester.
She became a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine in 1999.
Outside of the hospital, Dr. Birnbaum spends her free time with her husband and three daughters. She enjoys running and spending time outdoors. Her furry (and feathered) family members include Buttercup, a Labrador Retriever, Three, a three-legged cat, and four chickens.
- Bachelor of Animal Science (Animal Science): Cornell University (Ithaca, NY)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine (Gainesville, FL)
- Rotating Internship: Veterinary Specialists of Rochester (Rochester, NY)
- Small Animal Residency: Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine (Ithaca, NY)
- Board Certification: Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)