Dr. Hymel attended Spring Hill College in Mobile, AL, earning a Bachelor of Biological Science degree. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine in Baton Rouge, LA.
While interested in all areas of veterinary medicine, Dr. Hymel has a special interest in surgery, ultrasonography, and wound care. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is observing just how strong the human-animal bond can be and helping maintain it for her patients and their owners during stressful and scary situations.
When not working, Dr. Hymel paints portraits for both pets and their human counterparts, gardens, and spends time in the kitchen trying out new food and dessert recipes from around the world.
- Bachelor of Biological Sciences Degree: Spring Hill College in Mobile, AL
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine in Baton Rouge, LA
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association (LVMA)
- Florida Parishes Veterinary Medical Association (FPVMA)