Sasha Dixon, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVIM (Neurology) is a Veterinary Neurologist at MedVet Columbus, where she has been a part of the medical team since 2017. Dr. Dixon is an alumna of Cornell University, where she received a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science, as well as her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Dixon completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN, and then went on to complete a three-year residency in neurology and neurosurgery at Washington State University in Pullman, WA.
In addition to her clinical endeavors, Dr. Dixon is a published author a neurology-related article covering the role of low blood pressure in the outcome of dogs undergoing spinal surgery for intervertebral disc herniations, with additional articles pending publication on the use of morphine applied to the spinal cord for pain control after spinal surgery and the outcome of dogs treated surgically for vertebral osteosarcoma. Dr. Dixon is also an active member of several professional organizations, including the American Veterinary Medical Association and the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
Although Dr. Dixon maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal neurology, she is particularly passionate about the surgical treatment of spinal cord and brain tumors, as well as the treatment of traumatic spinal cord and brain injuries. Dr. Dixon’s favorite part of being a veterinarian is working alongside families to improve the quality of life of their beloved pets. When not caring for patients, Dr. Dixon enjoys cooking, hiking, and horseback riding.
- Bachelor of Science: Cornell University, Ithica, New York
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, Ithica, New York
- Rotating Internship: Purdue University Veterinary Teaching Hospital, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Residency: Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Pullman, Washington
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Neurology)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association