Shannon Stroup, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVIM (SAIM), is a Board-Certified Small Animal Internal Medicine Specialist at MedVet Mandeville. She has been part of the medical team since 2012. Dr. Stroup attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she eared a Bachelor in Science degree and Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Stroup completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at VCA Veterinary Referral Associates, Gaithersburg, Maryland followed by a a three-year residency in small animal internal medicine at Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine.
Dr. Stroup is experienced in all aspects of internal medicine and has particular interest in endocrine and gastrointestinal disease. Dr. Stroup is a Covington native who grew up surrounded by a variety of animals. She was committed to becoming a veterinarian very early in life.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Internship: VCA Veterinary Referral Associates, Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Residency: Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn, Alabama
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association
- Florida Parish Veterinary Medical Association